Are you looking for an opportunity that offers diversity and the chance to save thousands a year? Homeowners need someone to look after their home and pets while away on vacation. House sitting is an arrangement that lets individuals stay rent free while the owners are away for an extended period.
Allpet House Sitters is the perfect place to become qualified house and pet sitters in Perth. We are a fully insured agency that has been hugely successful by selecting the right people that meet our high standards.
Australia has one of the highest pet ownership rates in the world. Over 50% of households have a pet with dogs being the most popular choice followed by cats. More people are increasingly choosing house sitting options to have someone care for their pets whilst away on vacation.
House sitting is a huge responsibility but is a great way to save on rental expenses. You will be expected to maintain and care for the house. Common duties typically include feeding the pets on time, collecting the mail, sweeping leaves from the front door, and keeping the house clean. Above all, you have to be “Pet Mad” as this is the main reason for being a house sitter.
All house sitters in Perth from our agency must go through an extensive interview process. References and the police clearance must also be provided. There is also a bond that sitters pay to become a sitter with us. Ensuring that pets are well taken care of is our top priority.
If you are interested in applying with us, you must also:
- Have prior experience of looking after pets
- Be able to recognise when a pet needs to see the vet
- Attend an interview and induction session
- Prove you have owned or rented a house
- Know how to care for a garden
Having requirements in place allows us to maintain high standards of quality for homeowners that choose our services.
If you think that you would be a suitable candidate then please read the following which are the rules and conditions of house sitting for Allpet House Sitters.
This is simply an arrangement for someone to temporarily live-in a home and care for any pets while the owner is away. The individual is able to stay in exchange for free accommodation.
There are numerous reasons for becoming a sitter which include saving on rental expenses, moving to the city, or simply having a change of scenery. The good news is there are a number of opportunities available for those interested in becoming a sitter.
Owners have different requests which we follow when matching a suitable sitter. Some owners may specifically request for a female or male. Some owners may request a sitter who works part-time, or is retired, as the hours will match the schedule a pet may be familiar with. We do our best to ensure all specific requirements are met. If you think you would make a suitable candidate for a sitter, be sure to review our rules and conditions before applying.
- You must respect the client’s privacy and confidentiality at all times.
- You must respect their home as if it is your own and follow all rules set out.
- You must review the Owners Manual with the client and carry out all responsibilities according to the instructions.
- You must stay every night and be around the house as much as possible.
- All windows and doors must be locked if you will be absent from the home.
- Basic pet, house, and garden maintenance must be completed according to the Home Owner’s Manual.
- The Owner’s Manual must be followed when caring for pets including giving medications and following certain diets.
- Restrict the number of visitors around the house as stated in the Owner/Sitter Contract.
- You must provide your own food or replace if you use any from the home.
- You must keep a record of all calls made on the landline and pay for it.
- Leave the property clean and tidy at the end of your sit.
- The ‘no smoking rule’ applies to all homes unless otherwise stated by the owner.
- No parties are allowed and neighbors will contact us directly should any issues arise.
- Always keep an eye on visitors and ensure they remain in the family area.
- Friends are not allowed to stay the night unless the owner agrees.
- Contact our office immediately if you have problems or fall ill.
- Do not undertake anything which could cause damage to the property.
- Take action as instructed by the client if any equipment breaks down.
- Do not divulge the owner’s whereabouts unless instructed to do so by the client.
- Keep records of incoming calls for the clients including the time, date, name, and message.
- All household expenses incurred must be noted and receipts obtained.
- Unexpected expenses that exceed $20 requires discussion with Head Office.
- Report any damage directly to us and the client.
- You are responsible for paying excess utility expenses above normal usage.
- Unless you work shifts, you are contracted to stay in the home between midnight and 6am the next morning.
- If you experience unexpected problems, we are on call 24 hours a day for any emergency.
If you are interested in becoming a sitter for all Allpet House Sitters, be sure to fill out our Application Form. You can also email [email protected] or call us on +61 (08) 9368 4477 for more information.
Once your house sit application has been screened and approved by management, you will be contacted as soon as a suitable match is made for a sit.
You will then need to contact the client within 24 hours to view the property and meet with the owner to ascertain certain requirements. If both parties agree, more detailed arrangements are made to finalise the requirements. Contact Allpet House Sitters to confirm that your sit has started and also when you vacate.
If you have additional questions, be sure to contact us directly and we will be happy to help.
“My experience as a sitter with Allpet House Sitters has been wonderful. Jan and her team are really enthusiastic, love what they do and are calm and collected under the pressure of organising so many people / pets / houses which must be a logistical nightmare!
The initial interview process and the day to day organisation of sits flows really smoothly – I was amazed when they had found my first sit the day after I signed up with them, and since I started I have only had a few evenings where I have been without a place to stay!
As a sitter it’s great to move around and spend time looking after people’s pets, the owners you meet all really love their animals and are very appreciative that you will be looking after them! It’s also very reassuring to know that you have the Allpet House Sitters team backing you up with advice and support whenever you need it.
If you love animals and don’t mind moving around a bit (it’s not difficult once you get the hang of it) there are heaps of benefits to sitting and I would definitely recommend giving the Allpet House Sitters team a call!” – David G